Thursday, July 28, 2011

Summer Reads Too.

Ok so I know my last post was about books as well but I just got done reading this wonderful book and felt to urge to share it :) What an amazing read! The Book Thief, is narrated by the grim reaper (death, angel of death, etc.) and takes place in Nazi Germany. He follows the life of a young foster girl and her journey to form herself. When her foster family decides to hide a Jew in their basement her world is both "opened up and closed down."

I found this book to be so superbly crafted. The style of writing was so different for me and I loved reading it, even though the subject matter was dark. I am a huge nerd when it comes to WWII and the Holocaust and have loved studying it since 5th grade. I have read tons of books and seen tons of movies and this was by far one of my favorite on the subject. I love the different outlook it gave on Germans and Hitler Youth. I of course cried, but found myself laughing at times at the dark humor of the grim reaper. Definitely recommend this book!
Image Source: Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment