Sunday, February 2, 2014

meet the giffords.

My family is pretty great.  I have had people time and again almost pity me for how large my family is and ask how I do it. They always end up making a remark along the lines of how they can't even stand their one sister, how do you handle three? Trust me, we have our issues and problems like all families do, seven people in one house, five of which are hormonal women, yeah it got is crazy. We make it work though and I wouldn't trade any of them. At the end of the day, after the fights, the messy bathroom, the favorite box of cereal already eaten, the closet ransacked through for clothes, and having to hide in the car for some peace and quiet, I love them. Yes, I can't wait to move out again and be on my one once more, but for now this is where I  belong, and I find myself enjoying the noise and chaos most days and love how there is always someone around ready to play a board game, or go shopping, or watch a movie with you. Looking at the big picture I know we are all trying to lift one another and support one another as best we can. I couldn't get through this life without them.













 I am incredible grateful to be as close to my siblings as I am. They are built in best friends. I use to always want an older brother, someone to look after me, but I can't deny how much I  love being the oldest! I love  being "in charge" and watching out for everyone, trying my best to care for them. No, I have not always been the best big sister, but I am definitely trying to be and hope my siblings know that they always have at least one person on their side.  

Brittney is my go to girl when it comes to "growing and learning" from life. I don't do anything, and I mean anything, without first checking in with her. She is not only beautiful on the outside, but stunningly beautiful on the inside. The girl would give you the shirt off your back if you asked her to. She shows more diligence, faith, and trust in our Lord than anyone I know . She is my confidant and the only person I have ever told everything to. She is the one person who can give me advice and I will actually listen. Without her I would be a hot mess. Brittney has taught me to try and be a selfless person and has helped me to remain humble and true to who I am. 

Chelsea is my go to girl when it comes to "pintersting" our life. Our style can be so similar and she is extremely talented in everything she does, and I mean everything. If Chelsea says it is going to get done, you better believe it is going to happen and it is going to turn out better than you dreamed. This girl grabs life by the horns and throws it down. You would never think she has ever had a challenge or trial because her gorgeous smile has never faded from her face. She is going to become an amazing wife this April, and an even more amazing mother (much later down the road. haha). Chelsea has taught me to just keep smiling no matter what life hands you. I always tease that I feel like I am always in a silent competition with her to be the better sister but that has helped me to become the best version of myself and to continue striving to be even better. Without her I would have stopped trying to be a better person long ago and given up on thinking I can improve.

Tiffany is my go to girl when it comes to actually "living, experiencing, and loving" life. The girl is non-stop moving from one activity to the next. She is so enthusiastic about life and always looking for the fun and adventures within it. She will give anything a try at least once and usually loves it after. The girl will talk to anyone and befriend whoever wants to make the world a better place. I believe she wants to leave her mark on this world, and trust me you will see her mark soon enough if you haven't already. We always tease her that she was my "mini-me" growing up, and while I would like to think I have a lot of her same qualities, she has definitely taken those qualities and perfected them. She is sassy. She is confident. She is bold. She is kind. She is unstoppable. Tiffany has taught me to not let anything get in your way, that everything is worth achieving with a little coaxing, negotiating, and humor. 

Brandon is my go to guy when it comes to "working hard and improving" my life. The kid is a well oiled working machine. He works so hard to achieve his best in everything he does. He is consistently pulling straight A's despite his learning disability and puts 110% into his sports and boy scouts. He is constantly wanting to learn more and looking for the best way to accomplish any task. He loves trying new recipes he found online or science projects he found on youtube. He looks for the why in everything and absorbs new information like a sponge. As much as he denies it, I think he likes being the only boy in the family and is a total sweetheart and will give you a much needed hug at the end of a rough day. Brandon has taught me to face every challenge with optimism and determination. Nothing is impossible and no matter how tough the challenge, it can easily be conquered with a go-getter attitude and a hug from a friend.





I love families! I hope everyone out there has a family they can turn to, no matter how it is made up. If not come talk to me, I like to think we are a pretty welcoming bunch.


2 comments:

  1. Your hair is so long and you look SO much like your momma! I love this and i think you are an essential part of your family. i know they need you just like you need them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toni- You make me smile. You're whole family does. I have many great memories with your mom and dad before they moved to Texas (so long ago) and many of your whole family (minus Tiff and Brandon) when you lived in Ogden. I love you all! I'm so happy to be apart of your "family" :-) I love the Gifford's!!!!

    ReplyDelete