Thursday, June 5, 2014

good day.

Hello stranger.

It's been awhile.

This is going to be a short one.

***

Ever have one of those days that comes to an end and you look back and think, "Oh wow. Today was just a really awesome day!"?  Well today was one of those days for me.

I have been in a slump really and just going through the motions of day to day life. Nothing bad happening, just nothing real eventful or worth taking note of either. I have been super stressed with things that I don't have a whole lot of control over right now, which makes them even more stressful because there is nothing I can do to change it. Today was different.

While it was still a pretty normal day with no profound events, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I got like 8 hours of sleep. That is a beautiful thing.

Was able to get in a bit of morning scripture study, an area I have been slacking in.

My class only had 13 children today. 13! I truly enjoy all of my students, but to go from the usual 24 to 13, it was a nice relaxed and calm day.

We even had a picnic with the children that was a lot of fun, with the bug attacks and all.

Came home from work to see delicious buckeye cupcakes waiting for me. Thank you again Jamie and Brittney.

Spent the evening sitting on the porch, enjoying cold lemonade, grilled chicken, and fresh fruit.

The night ended with a few hours of much needed girl talk and laughs shared with some amazing ladies.

It was a nice reminder that attitude is everything and that Heavenly Father is looking out for me. Today was the exact kind of day I needed and I am grateful for every minute of it.





No comments:

Post a Comment