Monday, July 1, 2013

little things.

Few things I have learned these last few weeks that I think are vital to life:

1. It is the little things that matter most.

2. It is the amazing people I have surrounded myself with to feel uplifted and loved that matter most.

 3. Life is good. I am so blessed and I strive to see that everyday.

It has not been my easiest year, and a lot of challenges I didn't think I would have to deal with are coming along.

I do a great job at avoiding. If I don't like it or don't have time to deal with it, I  ignore it. I also do a great job of masking things. Just put on a smile and act like nothing is wrong and it will just go away, it has too.

This post was not meant to be a complaint, we all have problems and today I don't want the focus to be on mine. Instead I need to share my thank yous and my gratitude to those amazing people that do little acts of service that remind me I am loved. The people that see past my mask and avoidance and help me deal with life. The people who have served me. You make life worth it.

Thank you to the friend who left me flowers by my bed.

Thank you to the friend that surprised me with Diet Coke. Most people have blood in their veins...I have Diet Coke in mine.

Thank you to the friend that took me to the driving range. Hitting a few golf balls...hard...really is a great release.

Thank you to the artists who have some powerful music. A good jam session really can speak to your soul and heal your heart.

Thank you to the co-worker that feels my frustration and will rant with me till we are blue in the face. Sometimes you just need a good vent. She has become one of my dearest friends.

Thank you to the friend that always has a listening ear, and then will give me the reality check I need.

Thank you to the author of an amazing new book series. It is nice to get lost for a few hours in another world.

Thank you to the friend that answers her phone at 2:00am to talk me out of another panic attack.

Thank you to the friend that gave me the hug, even when I tried to avoid it.

Thank you to the friend that let me serve them instead, so I can remember to think of others and not dwell on myself.

Most of all I am thankful for a merciful and loving Heavenly Father who has never given up on me. For giving me a gospel that serves as the perfect compass for my life. I hope when people spend time with me, they are left feeling better and loved. Because I know the wonderful people around me have done just that. I hope I have, and continue to, serve those around me, so we can all feel like this life is as good as it really is.

image source: pinterest.com

No comments:

Post a Comment