Friday, June 14, 2013

another one bites the dust.



This girl has been with me since 2010.
(She is not the first to go, as pictured here)

Woke up to go to 7:30 classes with me.
 Braved the cold Logan weather with me.
Got down at every dance and 'dirty 30' with me.
 Tasted the deliciousness of aggie ice cream for breakfast with me.
Fought the Vegas and California sun with me.
Ventured on the Lake with me.
 Kissed the cheek of that one adorable boy with me (the cutest little baby you ever did see).

We've been through a lot.


She finally bit the dust two days ago.

 I seriously teared up when I saw her gone (I know. I have issues. At least I am not hearing voices of past Hollywood stars or naming puppets after dead presidents.) 

It was just another piece...very tiny piece...of USU I was having to let go of before I felt like I was ready.

After a second or two of mourning and reminiscing old USU memories, Queen happen to come on my ipod and so kindly give me a quick pep talk:

Are you ready,
Are you ready for this
Are you hanging on the edge of your seat
Out of the doorway the bullets rip
To the sound of the beat.

Thankfully no bullets are ripping past me as I walk out of my apartment, but life is happening and it is time to move to the beat of it, live in the moment and look forward, or I am going to be left out and alone.  So as Queen puts it so nicely,

But I'm ready, yes I'm ready for you
I'm standing on my own two feet!


1 comment: