Thursday, April 11, 2013

goin' country.

I downloaded a country song three country songs.

 gasp.

who knew Toni G, the girl with the latest hip-hop and rap albums, would be buying country music one day.

(yes, I did just speak in third person. I blame Chris Keller.)

I have a confession though, I use to be the BIGGEST country fan. I have home video of me opening a birthday present full of country tapes by Garth Brooks, George Strait, and Billy Ray. I basically had a conniption because I was so excited. 

My aunt would kindly remind me that I lived in Texas for eight years of my life, its in my blood.

So here's the thing, I love to dance. I love a good beat, and when you can move to it, its even better. I don't country dance. It is not fun and I feel rather stupid doing it. ha. A night with the girls having a 'Dirty 30' or car dancing to the top 40 is a heck of a lot more fun! I've got some good memories jamming out to the latest siick beat. (yeah, I sound cool. haha)

Lately I can't get a good jam though without it being laced with F-bombs or about skanky chicks up in the club, one night stands, and being wasted and crunked up. It's annoying. 

So it finally happened. Country lured me in.

Song #1: One Tree Hill had a country artist on the show for awhile. Had to get her song of course.


Song#2: Started watching The Voice and Blake Shelton is a funny guy. Rather good looking too. Had to get his new song of course.


 Song #3: I was listening to Taylor Swift's 'I knew You Were Trouble' song on Youtube (because her new album is definitely not country) and the auto play starting bringing in all these country songs. Youtube officially brainwashed me. Had to download this new song of course.


So to all country artist, 

Thank you for actually having lyrics and a story to tell. Thank you for not being explicit. Keep it simple. No over the top banjos and hillbillies with sob stories about dead dogs and drunk daddies and you got yourself a new listener. 

And no worries, I downloaded this new song to balance myself out. I am BFABB after all. haha.

2 comments:

  1. HAhaha You Better Believe Youre Always BFABB!
    Jamie Gale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy you remember BFABB! I wrote that with you and Kris in mind and was hoping ya'll remember our street past. haha.

      Delete