Wednesday, December 12, 2012

on live USU.


If you had asked me three months ago about what this post would be about, I would tell you it was going to be my goodbye to USU post and all about my new exciting life as a college graduate.

Guess what?

Graduation has been postponed...again.

 It seems I am not meant to leave Logan yet and the more I put off graduation the less excited I am for whatever lies ahead. I think it's that whole unknown thing. Not knowing what is to come and what opportunities I am suppose to be taking and so afraid I am missing them.

I was suppose to graduate last May but didn't pass a Stats course. I re-took it and pushed back graduation till this December. I come to find out my counselor was wrong, I did pass the course and there was no need for me to push back graduation. I was livid but figured it was too late now and just go with the flow of things. I then realized at the end of this semester I am only one course away from a Sociology minor and felt like it would be a mistake not to just take that one class and graduate in May. I don't walk till then anyway and the job market is looking pretty slim right now. So I am now going to be an Aggie just one last semester. But this is it! I WILL graduate THIS May!

Unless...well graduate school is looking appealing...

haha. Just Kidding.

I do get frustrated with not moving on and out of Logan. I feel kind of stuck with no direction actually. Like a hippo who can't get out of a mud pit. Or like the sloth on Ice Age who really has no where to be.

(Did I really just compare myself to a hippo and a sloth?...yup. wow.)

Everyone keeps reminding me I am in Logan for a reason.  That I am suppose to be doing something here. That I still have work that is not done or that their are people I am suppose to help. People I am suppose to meet.

Husband maybe?...He sure is taking his sweet pea time. haha.

I just have to keep my faith and remind myself of Gordon B. Hinckley's words:

"It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. If you do your best, it all works out. Put your trust in God and move forward, with faith and confidence in the future. If we live worthy of his blessings, He will hear our prayers. Keep trying. Keep believing. Be happy. Don't get discouraged. It will ALL work out."

I'd say he was pretty wise little old man. Just a hunch.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry! That is so unfortunate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! You have had the worst luck! But I'm glad your getting the minor too. But the job market really is lacking, so no rush. haha

    ReplyDelete