Sunday, November 25, 2012

thanksgiving.



With my roommate Deanna.

Thanksgiving was a little unorthodox this year. Well I guess for most people my Thanksgiving's are all ready unorthodox because I don't go home for them. (Ohio is kind of an expensive plane ticket just to eat turkey with my mom and dad.) So I have usually gone to my wonderful aunt's home with my sister from Provo. However, I was on call for work this year and had to stick around Logan. I was bummed at first but it ended up being a very relaxed Thanksgiving, plus my roommate decided to stay in Logan as well. We threw together a mini dinner of chicken roll-ups, stuffing, and sparkling cider. (Pretty legit for college students if you ask me.)We watched Harry Potter, put together a jigsaw puzzle, and stayed up till the wee hours of the morning discussing Hunger Games and Twilight and dissecting the authors web pages. This makes us sound like total nerds but it really was a relaxed and happy Thanksgiving.

I also realized how thankful I am to have so many friends and family willing to open their home to me on the holidays. Without fail, every year, I have handfuls of people ask if I want to spend the holidays with them because they know I am from Ohio. I am so grateful to each and every one of those friends or family members, it always makes me feel loved and cared for. I am so blessed and thankful for all the wonderful friends I am surrounded by, the opportunity to be attending Utah State, the job that I love going to, the internship that makes me feel like I am able to make a difference no matter how small, the awesome roommates I have, the never ending love and support of my parents, and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and the countless blessings the atonement has brought into my life.

1 comment:

  1. Your day looks perfect! Sometimes those holidays that end up working out randomly are the most remembered! Glad you're doing well!!

    ReplyDelete