Saturday, November 17, 2012

burlap.

Burlap seems to be all the rage lately on Pinterest and I saw this adorable wreath made of burlap at my friends wedding this summer and decided I had to make one right away! Yeah I didn't get around to it till now. haha. Hey, it is better than never right? Plus I always feel so much more accomplished when I can say I have actually finished a Pinterest project. I vote for a college Pinterest class, I would seriously be on my way to acing it. 

That adorable wreath door hanger? Yeah only 2 bucks at Wal-Mart

I am realizing if I am going to do these DIY post I need to be better at step by step picture instructions. But really this is so easy! It took me about an hour and all you need is hot glue, burlap, and foam wreath. First, cut out roughly 6X6 inch burlap squares. Don't worry about them being perfect, imperfect actually looks better in this case. Take an unsharpened pencil and gather burlap square around the tip. Put a dot of hot glue on the tip of burlap and stick straight into foam wreath. Repeat all over. I did a row around outside and a row around top center and that made if fluffy enough for me. 

See the broken foam in the corner? Yeah, don't push  the pencil in too hard.

1 comment:

  1. SO adorable!! I may just have to make one for my door!! I hope your Semester is going well!!

    ReplyDelete