Friday, December 6, 2013

real deal.

There is something about a REAL Christmas tree that is just majestic. Yes majestic. 

Maybe that is why a real tree just makes Christmas all the more magical and warm. I love the fresh pine smell it brings inside the home. I love the unique look that changes every year. I love how full the branches are with soft pine needles. 

Most of all, I love the tradition of going to the tree farm and picking our very own tree. One we deem worthy of the Gifford household and we can care for (and trust me, it is more care than you think. That tree can drink at least a gallon a day.)

My first vivid memory of the Christmas season goes back to my good ol' Texas years. I remember riding a huge hayride out to the Tree farm and walking around tons and tons of growing Christmas trees. I remember we would actually cut down our own tree and watch them shake it in the shaker. I would then get to go see Santa and ask for the best toys and get a candy cane and hot cocoa. It was always so fun and loved the time spent with my cousins and siblings. 

It is totally worth the work though when the house is silent, a mug of hot cocoa sits in my hands and all the lights are off but the Christmas tree lights. Majestic.



Aren't the little trees just so cute?!


My sister and I tease my mom about this one, but she really does just look so happy!


1 comment:

  1. hey nice post mehn. I love your style of blogging here. The way you writes reminds me of an equally interesting post that I read some time ago on Daniel Uyi's blog titled How To Stay Positive Around Negative People During Christmas .
    keep up the good work.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete