Wednesday, January 2, 2013

here is to 2013.

2012 has come and gone and like the rest of the world I have spent time reflecting on the past year and making resolutions for the new one. It has been a wonderful year full of learning experiences and creating life long friendships that ended up being my saving grace this year. I truly have been blessed this year and so grateful for the amazing friends and family who have supported me and helped keep me on my feet.

I started the year living at Cobble Creek with some wonderful girls who helped me stay sane when school and work and life got crazy. I loved my church calling as a Family Home Evening mom and all my neighbors were a blast. 


In March the greatly anticipated, and probably highlight of my year, Hunger Games movie came out and we celebrated in capitol style. I was the one and only Effie Trinket of course.



For spring break I went on a road trip to Vegas with complete strangers. haha. really. One of the girls was my next door neighbor and invited me along and figured why not!? haha. It ended up being the best decision of the year and created some life long friendships. The girls were amazing and have ended up being my best friends.


Hiking Zion's.


Coke PJs in Vegas.
 Some more highlights: 




I kicked off the summer with a trip home to see my family and buy a car from my dad. First time home in three years and it was a much needed trip. My family is pretty great.


My friend Kylie got her mission call to Kirtland, Ohio!


We took a mini road trip to Park City for a weekend and saw the one and only Egyptian Theatre from One Tree Hill. We are all pretty big fans. 


We had another mini trip to Manti for a weekend for the pageant and an afternoon shooting.



Brittney flew out in July to report to the MTC to serve her mission in Reno, Nevada. So proud of her and the example she has set. Saying good-bye to her was probably the hardest thing I have done all year but I look up to her and her strength so much and know she is right where she belongs.


I went to my first temple open house in Brigham City.


My girl Brittani got married and loved spending a weekend with her before she got hitched and taken away by her hubby.


I moved to Legacy and started my last year at USU and it is bitter sweet. I am so excited and ready to graduate but not ready for what is to come after. Probably because I have no idea what is to come. haha. I have created some amazing memories at USU and glad I have a few more months.


I got to see my family again for my Grandma's 80th birthday party.


My girl Mckenna got her mission call to the Adriatic North mission.


My roomies this semester are just fabulous. We are all so different and come from all over the country but we have created a little family who has come so close and support and lift one another 24/7. 


I got a real treat this year and got to go home, again! I saw my family three times in one year. That never happens! I flew home for Christmas and to go through the temple. I am so lucky to have my parents with me and my good friend Megan. From what I can say, the temple is just spectacular. Such a neat experience and yes lots of questions but it just felt right, like I was home. Plus I have the rest of my life to get those questions answered. I highly recommend it to everyone :)



 2012 proved to have some of my biggest challenges but also made me see how much I have grown and learned from my past. I saw how much stronger I am and how much more room I have yet to grow. My biggest lesson was probably learning to just trust in the Lord. He has a greater plan for me and I need to keep the eternal perspective in mind. He is always there and will care for me and help me carry my burdens. My main resolution for 2013 is to just learn to keep that trust and to improve me. To become the best version of me. 

Here is to 2013! May it bring all of you hardships, heartaches, and tears. Hardships so you can see your amazing strength and grow in humility. Heartaches so you can see the amazing support and love from your friends and family and build trust in the Lord. Tears so you can truly feel the joys of life. The joys that bring so much happiness all you can do is cry in gratefulness for those moments. 



2 comments:

  1. You make me want to do one of these posts now... haha. It looks like you had a great year though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! I usually do one every year either on here or in my journal and love reflecting on the year. I missed last year and was pretty bummed.

      Here is a year that you will probably remember:

      http://tonibug.blogspot.com/2010/12/welcome-2011.html

      Delete