Sunday, October 27, 2013

still here.

A friend recently asked me where the heck I have been lately and why I haven't updated the blog or called or written and such. I explained to him there just wasn't anything to tell, my life is pretty mundane right now and I have nothing to share. There is nothing people want to know or that I am necessarily proud of. It's just life and I am going day to day with the usual.

Well he kindly but firmly reminded me that I need to be staying in touch, even if my blog post is only a few sentences long, or our phone calls or only to say hi. He also reminded me that no matter how mundane I may feel my life is, people still care to know and some are still learning from my experiences. I was honored to hear that he has always looked to me as an example and source of valued advice, especially now more than ever as he will soon move on to his next stage of life that is following a path very similar to mine. It was a nice reminder that I am loved and I was very touched. Thank you.

As for my life, I have fallen into a pretty simple routine. I am working as a toddler teacher full-time at a Primrose School. I have mixed feelings about the job. I do love it, and I have really enjoyed getting to know the ladies I work with, they are all pretty awesome. I can tell already though, it is something I do not want to be doing the rest of my life. I know I want to be working with older children down the road. I love the schools curriculum and goals and I can see myself moving up and possibly being a curriculum coordinator in the very long future. One day at a time I guess. One thing I have learned is plans and goals are always changing because you never know what life has in store for you, so I am trying to keep them simple until I really figure out where I fit in.

Since I am working full time I usually don't get home till 6:30 or so, eat dinner, do some reading, catch a favorite TV show, clean, then off to bed. I wake up at 7:00 and do it all over again. That literally is my life right now. Thrilling I know. haha.

I attend a young single adults ward down on OSU campus and everyone I have met has been friendly and welcoming. I was recently called as the temple preparation teacher and I am pretty excited about that. Since I live a good 25-30 minutes from most people in the ward I haven't really gotten to know anyone yet. By the time I get off work I usually am not in the mood to drive 30 minutes to an activity that I am walking into alone. I HATE going to social events where I don't know anyone. I'll save that little experience for another day.

Well that's my life in a tiny nutshell. In all honesty, no it is not how I want it to be right now and no it is not my plan but, life is good. I am blessed and things will work out. It just takes time.


1 comment:

  1. Toni!! It's Julia Williams speaking :) I served on OSU campus!!! and I was in that singles ward!!! I bet we know the same people!!! You gotta tell them hello from sister williams! Bishop Hurst is awesome! And if yoh see sister Allen give her a hug for me!! So glad your doing well!!

    ReplyDelete